By using the Website you will be asked to provide us with some personal information about yourself via the “Registration” section. Participation is entirely voluntary. We need information about you so that you can register you as a MyMT member and so that we can provide our products and services as described below.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
1.1 Personal Information
- We collect personal information from you when you register on our Website, subscribe to any information we may send you, purchase any services or products from us, respond to a survey, or complete any application form.
- Some information that you enter on the Website may be personal information. This is because it can be used to identify you personally and includes, for example, your name, date of birth and email address. It may also include sensitive information such as details about your health, medical information, dietary requirements or exercise regimes for the purpose of helping us provide our products and services.
1.2 Aggregate information
In some cases we also remove personal identifiers from the personal information you provide to us and maintain it in aggregate form. We may combine this data with other information to produce anonymous, aggregated statistical information (e.g. number of visitors, originating domain name of the Internet Service Provider), which is helpful to us in improving our products and services.
1.3 Choices to Provide Information
You have several choices regarding your use of our Website. You could decide not to submit any personally identifiable information at all by not entering it into any forms or data fields on our Website and not using any available personalised services. If you do not provide the personal information requested, we may not be able to provide you with the relevant services or products.
2. WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
2.1 We use your personal information so we can provide the services available on our Website to you. This may include using your personal information to:
- verify your identity and address and process your requests;
- personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- address feedback (we may contact you in response to your feedback submitted through our surveys);
- improve our Website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you) and the services and products we may provide you;
- send emails as part of our programme focusing on the behaviour change process. The email address you provide which may also be used to send you information and updates about a seminar registration, in addition to receiving occasional company news, and service updates and related information;
- provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card account processing and related services;
- otherwise to conduct and develop our business; or
- any other use that you authorise.
MyMT may from time to time use your personal information to provide you with updates and information about other products and services, promotional surveys and to share relevant news and updates with you by using a variety of marketing channels such as direct marketing, email and telephone (“Direct Marketing Communications”).
We may also collect and use your data for conducting marketing research, products or sales research, advertising and promotional purposes.
You may opt out of receiving Direct Marketing Communications from us at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by following the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the relevant promotional emails.
3. WHO DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
MyMT may also be required by law to disclose personal information you provide. MyMT will only make the disclosure if it believes in good faith that it is legally required to do so.
We will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personal information. This does not include to third parties contractors and service providers who help us operate our website, or provide our products and services to you. We will only disclose your information to the extent required for the limited purpose of the third party providing services contracted to us, so that they may service you.
We may also disclose aggregated data (in a form that does not identity you individually) to our advisors for the purpose of conducting market and user experience analysis.
If MyMT is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your Personal Information or other information may be part of the transferred assets.
4. STORAGE OF INFORMATION
While we store the majority of the personal information that we collect from you in New Zealand, we may from time to time store some of the information in a computer server located in other parts of the world. We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the New Zealand Privacy Principles, however these countries may not have data protection laws that are comparable to the laws of New Zealand.
If we transfer your personal information to another country, we will take appropriate measures to protect the personal information we transfer (for example, by entering into contracts, where appropriate, with the recipient of such personal information and, in the case of a third party service provider, supervising such provider’s use of the personal information, where required by law. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us transferring, storing and processing your personal information to countries worldwide.
We may publish your testimonials on our Website, in social media profiles, on our Youtube channel and within advertising creative material (collectively “Media Platforms”). These testimonials may contain personal information. By submitting a testimonial to us you authorise and permit us to publish these on our Media
Platforms. If you wish to have your testimonial removed please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. SINGLE SIGN-ON
You can log in to our Website using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form.
7. PROTECTING AND MAINTAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
7.1 Protection of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold about you from unauthorised access, use and disclosure. We cannot, however, guarantee that our systems and stored data will be completely free from third party interception or are free from corruption.
All personal information you provide to us is stored in our secure database. Reasonable steps have been implemented in order to protect your personal information from interference, misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification, and disclosure when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
7.3 Cardholder Data
- All transactions on the website use industry best-practice encryption and security including SSL/TLS. We do not store cardholder data for longer than is necessary to process the payment through our payment gateway, and these details are never stored in our database at any time. MyMT contractors and developers have no access at any time and under any circumstances to any card data entered into our Website.
- Certain parts of the Website (such as those parts that require you to provide us with your credit card number) provides the ability for you to transmit information to our Website in an encrypted form by using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, other parts of the Website are not protected by any form of encryption to protect information you send from your computer to us over the Internet.
- Further, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. In light of this, we cannot ensure and do not warrant the security or privacy of your personal information, including payment and account details. You transmit this information at your own risk. If you have any questions regarding security you can contact us at email@example.com.
8. SECURITY AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
8.1 Account and Passwords
Your email address will be your username when subscribing for our Services and you will need to create a password when registering as a MyMT member. You must not disclose them to anyone else or allow anyone else to use your account and password. You are entirely responsible for any access to your account, and acknowledge that any access to or use of your account by means of the password associated with that account is deemed to be access or use by you. This includes any purchases made through your account. You agree to pay for our services in the manner specified on the Website.
8.2 Destruction of personal information
We will destroy, erase from our systems or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed or required to be kept by law or to provide our products and services to you. Please note that, as you will not be able to have access to your account after you have completed the programme, we will continue to retain your personal information on the Website so that you may access it. You can manually delete your personal information on the Website by accessing your account. We will also preserve the content of any email or information you submit if we believe we have a legal requirement to do so, or if any form of email abuse is suspected.
You have the right to be informed about the personal information that we hold about you and have the right to request to have it changes, corrected or deleted. To find out more how to do this, please contact us at the details provided below.
Our Websites provide links to other websites not controlled by us. These websites may not follow the same privacy policies as MyMT. We recommend that you read the privacy policies for these websites before deciding whether to disclose information to these websites. We are not responsible for the information you choose to disclose to these websites and we do not endorse or otherwise support the products, services or statements on those websites.
11. COOKIES AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
In addition to using cookies and related technologies as described above, we also may permit certain third party companies to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to users and to collect and use other data about user activities on our Sites and/or Services (e.g., to allow us to tailor ads on third party services). These companies may deliver ads that might also place cookies and otherwise track user behavior.
You can opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting here: www.aboutads.info/choices
11.4 Social Media Features
13. WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS